Wednesday, April 09, 2008

The Best Yet

This June is the last International Symposium Technology and Deaf Education. When they asked for proposals I submitted the Kool Kids Sign ABC game and the in works color game for a poster session. I was accepted. I will be "presenting" on the Monday of the conference. I can't wait. Perhaps this will open a door to a technology job in Deaf education. I'd be torn though. I have a full caseload this year-one of whom is Deaf and very ASL. The interpreter is also a good friend and he keeps telling me that I'm not changing jobs.

I still have a great desire to work in the field despite my fears that I wouldn't be able to do everything I would need to do. I go along quite content in what I am doing but if I start to think about it I really want to change what I'm doing and get into the technology end of things. There is so much that can be done with Deaf kids and I don't have the time in my schedule to do anything and I only have one student anyway. At least this will spread the games to more schools so they will get more usage.

No comments: